Welcome to Exact Hosting!
Thanks for considering moving your services from Enom to Exact Hosting. We look forward to working with you!
Exact Hosting and Enom are both owned and operated by Tucows Inc. We give you the option to:
- Become a web hosting reseller on the Exact Hosting platform
- Exit the hosting business by offloading your customers to Exact Hosting
Below, we’ve outlined the major differences and similarities between Exact Hosting and Enom, instructions on how to migrate, and frequently asked reseller and end-users FAQs. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at any time, either via phone or email.
Who is Exact Hosting?
Exact Hosting is owned and operated by Tucows Inc., which also owns Enom. Our business, including our Support center, is located in Toronto Canada.
Similarities between Exact Hosting and Enom
- Email: Enom and Exact Hosting use the same email platform. This means that no email migration is required, which eliminates the risk of downtime for your customers. Exact Hosting refers to our email product as “Enhanced Email”.
- Customer Support: Exact Hosting has a dedicated team of hosting experts, located in Toronto Canada. We’ll provide full support for your hosting and email services. We’re available weekdays, 8am-8pm EST at email@example.com or by phone at 1-434-951-7900 or 1-844-818-1150 (toll-free in Canada and the US).
Differences between Exact Hosting and Enom
- Control Panel: Exact Hosting uses cPanel rather than Plesk. CPanel is very similar to Plesk and in some ways more powerful and user-friendly. Please feel free to repurpose our Cpanel help content as resources for your end-users.
- Pricing: Your new pricing will be based upon the package you select when signing up at Exact Hosting. Click here to view Reseller Pricing.
- Billing & Payments: If you move to Exact, you will no longer have to maintain an account balance, like you do with Enom. We simply bill in advance at the beginning of each month. This means that at the beginning of each month, you are sent an invoice for the upcoming month. Exact Hosting accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover card.
Frequently Asked Questions for Resellers (FAQ):
Can I have sub-reseller or sub-retail accounts under my Exact Hosting account?
No, Exact Hosting cannot accommodate sub-accounts.
How do I Migrate to exact hosting as a reseller?
- Create a reseller account by selecting a plan.
- Follow the steps in your welcome email to create your end-user accounts and upload files.
- If you have any questions or would prefer a facilitated migration, please reach out to the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I want to exit the hosting industry and offload my web hosting business to Exact — how does this work?
If you’re looking to exit the hosting industry, we can help your customers move to Exact Hosting. We’ll even provide you white-label communication templates that you can use to notify your customers. To get started, please reach out to Exact Hosting as soon as possible.
Here’s how it works:
- You notify your customers that you are closing up shop and direct them to Exact Hosting to purchase and set up an account.
- The customer schedules a migration time with the Exact Hosting team, who then moves the customer’s site over to the Exact Hosting platform (Please note that we will need at least 2 weeks prior to the end of life date set for hosting)
- Customers can also move and upload their own web site to our servers
Do I need to move my domains?
No. While Exact Hosting does provide domain services through Enom, your domain name(s)can remain in your reseller account at Enom and all support, billing and renewal inquiries regarding those domain names, should be directed to Enom.
General Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Where do I manage my account?
Once you’ve created an account, you can access it directly from https://my.exacthosting.com. You will also pay for and order new hosting & email services from this client area.
What name will appear on my billing statement/invoice?
Your billing statements will now show ‘EXACTHOSTING’ as the merchant. You’ll be asked to provide a credit card when you create your account.
How do I log in to the client area?
How do I reset my client area password?
How do I update my credit card information?
How can I pay an invoice?
How can I add a secondary contact to my account?
At Exact Hosting we refer to a sub account as a secondary user that can manage an existing client account. https://exact.help/add-portal-account-contacts
How do I log in to my WHM Reseller Control Panel?
How do I change my WHM Reseller Control Panel Password?
How do I Create A Hosting Package in WHM?
How do I Create A New Customer Hosting Account?
How do I Modify A Customer’s Hosting Account
How do I Change A Customer’s Hosting Account
How do I Suspend/Unsuspend A Customer’s Hosting Account
How do I Delete A Customer’s Hosting Account
How do I Manage AutoSSL
How do I Edit a DNS Zone
How do I Park A Domain Name
How do I Create Feature Sets For Customers Accessing CPanel?
How do I log in to my CPanel Control Panel?
How do I reset my CPanel Control Panel Password?
How do I purchase a domain?
How do I purchase Plesk Hosting and/or Can I purchase plesk Hosting?
At this time we are only offering CPanel for new hosting accounts. CPanel is very similar to Plesk and in some ways more powerful and user friendly. For information on new hosting accounts, please visit our Hosting Plan page https://www.exacthosting.com
Do you offer cPanel?
Yes, we offer cPanel hosting with all our plans.
How do I sign up for cPanel hosting?
What nameservers do I need to use?
For cPanel hosting the following nameservers may be used:
ns1.exacthosting.com and ns2.exacthosting.com
Or you can use Enom’s Name Servers (*May require an additional purchase):
Phone: 1-844-818-1150 or 1-434-951-7900
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00AM–8:00PM EST
Help Center: https://help.exacthosting.com/hc/en-us